Used Business Phone Systems: Second hand guide
For a lot of businesses, the need to get a high-quality phone system will mean that you have to invest in pricey equipment.
And that is why you should consider buying a used business phone system.
They are a budget-friendly alternative to buying a new phone system.
Which Questions Are on Your Mind?
You could be asking yourself some questions:
- What do I need to know before buying a used business phone system?
- Which types of used business phone systems are available in the market?
- What business phone system suits my business?
- How much will a used business phone system cost me?
What else is in this guide?
Ready to get a business phone system quote?
Compare the top 4 quotes by clicking below!
It can certainly feel like too much work going it alone, but not worry, in this article, all your questions will be well covered making it easier for you to go ahead and buy a phone system for your business.
This article addresses some issues namely:
- Types of phone systems
- How much you can expect to spend in acquiring a used business phone system
- Which kind of phone best suits your business
- Add-ons for your business phone system
Let’s take a look at the different phone systems and their pricing.
VoIP Telephone System and Prices
These are the most commonly used phone systems.
To function, this system uses a computer network to transmit calls.
The number of simultaneous phone calls that you can make depends on your bandwidth.
A VoIP system with 12 users will cost you £600 and more.
Below are the costs for a 3 and 4-line VoIP system
|Lines||Other Features||Cost||Monthly Cost|
Switchboard Phone System and Prices
This type of system uses the traditional phone lines. It is quite easy to set up as well as operate.
With a switchboard phone system, you will be able to have several physical lines.
The calls are usually connected and then distributed to relevant extensions through a Key phone or a Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
A key phone can handle a total of 16 extensions.
This will cost you between £100-£200.
When it comes to the PBX exchange unit, a system that has 2-6 extensions will cost around £130.
A system with 16-64 extensions, on the other hand, will cost around £700.
If what you have in mind is a desktop phone that uses the analogue system, you will have to part with around £30 to £100.
This all depends on the features of the system.
With that in mind, below are costings for a switchboard and a PBX handset.
Together with the price of phone systems, you should also consider additional costs that come with PBX as indicated below.
- Lines depending on the number of extra lines will cost from £100-£200.
- Installation depending on the amount of work will cost from £100-£300.
- PBX phones (cost of 6 phones) is between £1,100-£1,500.
Let’s dig a little deeper into getting the right phone system for your business.
Compare the top 4 phone system quotes now
It's fast, free & 100% No obligation
How Do You Find the Right Business Phone System?
The total amount you spend on a phone system for your business will depend on the size of your business.
How is that so?
Well, many businesses need daily telephone access to accomplish different tasks.
Understanding your business needs is essential if you want to have the right equipment in the appropriate volume.
With that in mind, take a look at the cost of large, medium and small phone systems.
Large Business Phone System Costing
A large business will need more equipment compared to medium or small business.
Some factors warrant these requirements such as:
- The size of your staff
- The roles and duties of your team
- The frequency and amount of internal communications
- Size of the office space
The table below indicates the cost estimates for a large business with conference functionality, six managers, 30 general staff, five customer service staff, and two receptionists.
Total Unit Costs
|Phone for Executive Desk||6||£100||£600|
|Headset for Customer Service||5||£25||£125|
|Phone for Customer Service||5||£150||£750|
|Desk Phone for Reception||2||£250||£500|
Next is a medium-sized business phone costing.
Medium-Sized Business Phone System Costing
A medium-sized building will need more equipment and functionality than a smaller one.
The table below reflects what a medium business ideally requires and indicates cost estimates for a conference phone, two managers, eight staff, two customer service staff, and a receptionist.
Total Unit Costs
|Phone for Executive Desk||2||£100||£200|
|Headset for Customer Service||2||£25||£50|
|Phone for Customer Service||2||£150||£300|
|Desk Phone for Reception||1||£250||£250|
From the above information, you can remove or add equipment as is necessary to scale costs.
For example, if you require only one customer service phone, you can remove the extra one and slightly lower the cost; similarly, if you need more desk phones, you can add another desk phone and factor in the price.
Lastly, let’s look at what you can expect to spend on a small-sized business phone system.
Small Business Phone System Costing
Even though a small business may have fewer people using the phone system, there are still some phone system features and equipment to choose from.
One of them is whether to use the VoIP system or to go the analogue way.
The information below is designed to showcase the needs that a small business has.
It caters to 1 conference functionality, one manager, one receptionist, and four staff.
Total Unit Costs
|Phone for Executive Desk||1||£100||£100|
|Desk Phone for Reception||1||£250||£250|
Now you have a phone system in place for your business. So, what next?
Save 37% on your business phone system now
Request your free quotes in 60 seconds!
Business phone Add-Ons
There are some add-ons you can incorporate in your business phone system, from hardware peripherals to software features to call management add-ons.
- Call Management Software– With the help of this add-on, you will be able to analyse phone usage by your staff to identify areas that need improvement and to maximise efficiency. Cost starts at £150.
- Headsets-Your sales and call centre staff will very much appreciate these. They minimise occupational risks. They cost from between £25 to £150.
- Voicemail-Never misses out on an urgent business call with the help of this add-on. It allows personalised and shared mailboxes. If your phone system does not come with an auto-attendant, the cost is from £500.
- VoIP Gateways– Connection to an IP system from an analogue phone is made possible with this add-on. You can connect to both home and remote users. Cost from £300.
- Network Switches– Larger businesses need extra switches for amplifying signals or route calls. An eight port switch costs about £250
- Call Recording– it is available for large and small phone systems. Cost ranges between £150 to £15,000.
- Hold Music- These players use CDs and MP3s. They can be plugged into the PBX. They cost around £100.
- Door Systems– You can remotely and conveniently control a door using a video phone or an intercom at the cost of an upwards of £300.
Getting an excellent deal from an accredited seller for your used business phone means saving on your much-needed cash.
We will help you get the right used business phone system at affordable pricing.
And to make it happen, we review every used business phone system dealer we recommend to you.